It started out as the need to defrag the computer. It has, in turn, become something much, much greater.
1. the persons (or committees or departments etc.) who make up a body for the purpose of administering something; "he claims that the present administration is corrupt"; "the governance of an association is responsible to its members"; "he quickly became recognized as a member of the establishment" [syn: administration]
2. a group of people who work together [syn: organization]
3. an organized structure for arranging or classifying; "he changed the arrangement of the topics"; "the facts were familiar but it was in the organization of them that he was original"; "he tried to understand their system of classification" [syn: arrangement]
4. an ordered manner; orderliness by virtue of being methodical and well organized; "his compulsive organization was not an endearing quality"; "we can't do it unless we establish some system around here" [syn: organization]
5. the act of organizing a business or an activity related to a business; "he was brought in to supervise the organization of a new department" [syn: organization]
6. the activity or result of distributing or disposing persons or things properly or methodically; "his organization of the work force was very efficient" [syn: organization]
There you have it. Specifically numbers 4 & 6.
I have an instrinsic need to ORGANISE. To DECLUTTER. To SIMPLIFY.
And I really, really need to defrag the damn computer!!