Friday, 13 January 2006

And even further back ~

20 December 1988 Ricki Lee Smith was welcomed into our family. He weighed in at 6lb 13oz, and was 3 1/2 weeks early.

I had been hoping to go full term with this baby - Karl had been early 22 months before and I had thought it would be nice to get it 'right' this time. And I nearly did!

Went into labour in the afternoon and knew that Dallas was due home around 5ish, so I didn't bother letting him know. I waited, and waited. Mum and Dad, along with my sister Lynette, came to pick Karl up and take him for the night. Had called Dals dad, and warned him he might have to come and take me to the hospital in the truck if Dallas didn't get home real soon. Well, he finally got home, we rushed up to the hospital and I ended up have a C-Section. He was breech, wouldn't turn, and was getting into difficulty. And he's been causing problems ever since LOL


Happy 17th birthday, Ricki. Love you heaps :)

No comments: