Monday, 5 September 2005

A sure sign that summer is on its way!

Winter sport is finished! Thank goodness for that. We only had Ricki playing a sport this year, but that was enough. He had a pretty good season playing soccer for Redwood Colts. At the prizegiving yesterday he won the trophy for Most Improved Player. He was a bit surprised to get it.

Dallas and I spent some time yesterday afternoon after the soccer looking at a couple of show homes. We are trying to get a house plan sorted, and trying to chose between two building companies. I thought it was going to be easy! Hah! I think we are trying to cram too much into the house. Need to sit back and look at it more simply.

I have had enough of seeing the devastation in New Orleans. It's just too much. The horrors of illness, death, rapes, murders. It makes me so sad. It makes me so angry. Do you realise that the area affected is the size of the whole of New Zealand? Can you imagine what that would be like? We would have nowhere to run; nowhere to hide.

My biggest question is why did it take so long to get help in there? FIVE whole days?!?

And now the petrol prices keep rising. Interestingly enough, George Bush was telling all Americans not to buy gas, unless you really need to. Good thing he told them that. I'm sure many routinely buy gas when they don't need too! What a dipstick!

No comments: