Saturday, 20 December 2008

Adulthood PLUS two

Ricki Lee is 20 today. I sent him a text at 5.30 this morning - he was starting work at 6am, and Cleo had woken me up, so I thought I'd get the happy birthday wish in ultra early. This is the first birthday he hasn't been home with us . . . that's what 'adulthood plus two' does to some, I guess, but I don't like it!

Ricki was born 3 1/2 weeks early - he was due in January, but as they all have done before and since, couldn't wait till full term. My poor doctor got called away from a Christmas BBQ to come and tend to me. I ended up having a C-Section, went into shock and had to have a blood transfusion. It was all a bit traumatic, but we got there in the end. He was a wee dot, quite different looking from Karl.

He is currently studying Computer Science at Canterbury University, and working a part time job to help pay the bills.

I haven't got a current photo of him - this one is from earlier this year - Ricki on the right, Karl on the left . . .

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RICKI

No comments: