Thursday, 30 June 2005

You know when you should do something, but you don't?

That was what happened to me today. You see, our home is for sale. I have got into the habit of having a quick tour of the house before I go to work, or go out in the morning, just to check the boys rooms are tidy, etc. Today I didn't. Today I left Karl asleep in his smelly room (he's been home for three weeks).
I went to the gym for an hour. The first thing I saw when I got home . . . a Real Estate Agent business card on the bench!! Noooooooooo! Rushed into Karls room - he was up, windows were open - phew! Apparently the Real Estate agent had come into the house before he brought his clients through - found Karl in his room, so Karl had about a minute to quickly tidy the room. Wish I could have seen the look on Karls face when this strange man appeared in his doorway. Would have given me a hell of a fright. Maybe that'll teach Karl for sleeping in and then not answering the phone when it rang!

Have decided today to put the house forward for auction in two weeks time. It's been on the market for about 8 weeks, with people through, but no offers. We will be having an Open Home this coming Sunday, and then two the following weekend. Please let me have the strength to get through them!

I will sort out some photos to post in the next couple of days :)

Josh hasn't been well lately. Has had some days off school. Nothing serious, but a nagging cough, with a sore throat and temps to go with it. Has developed into a fully fledged head cold in the last couple of days. He has missed out twice on having his first meningitis injection.

Ricki is at school tonight - cooking for the Board of Trustees and Heads of Faculty. He is Year 12, but is doing Year 13 Chef Training. Last time they had a night like this I had to pick him up around midnight. He worked at McDs last night, this restaurant thing tonight, and is at McDs again tomorrow night! Somehow, don't think he is going to be worth talking to this weekend!

No comments: