Friday, 27 November 2009

Patchwork

Now as you look at these . . . please bear in mind that I DON'T sew!!  Don't even have a sewing machine - I'm using my sisters one!

I enrolled in a class for one Saturday . . . I was thinking I wouldn't even get the machine threaded in the time I had LOL

First:  I picked my fabrics, and with purple being my favourite colour, it wasn't too hard.



Next came the cutting of the pieces (I absolutely LOVE that top fabric):



Then came the sewing . . . have to quietly admit it got a bit frustrating at times.



Then putting the patches together:


 
 
I will admit here that I made a bit of a mistake in the sewing of the patches together - I think I got one patch around the wrong way and consequently some of the fabrics are a bit too close to each other.   But the final patchwork looks like this:



It's not perfect, but it's my very first attempt and I just LOVE it.  Since this photo it has a dark purple border around the edge and is waiting to be quilted.  I will get someone who knows what they are doing to do that bit - maybe I'll attempt it on my next one  :-)

Oh, and I've now bought a used sewing machine - quite old and very heavy - but it sews beautifully.

My next project is a bag - pics to come eventually!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful and it's your first project....(I need the dancing ladies smilie here)


Sue
coffeee

Anonymous said...

You have made a fantastic job on the quilt, it looks amazing well done. The garden is looking great too. Love Linda